DIY Vanilla Rose Body Scrub Recipe and Tutorial
Posted on December 07 2016
I whipped up this batch of body scrubs this week after a hard time finding some cute teachers gifts. Besides, mindfully made and handmade gifts are always the best in my opinion! the recipe yielded about 3 1/2 jars (of the size I used) but could easily fill 4 slightly smaller jars. I bought my jars from SKS-Bottle, they are the 8oz size :)
You can access the printable labels by signing up for my newsletter here...
The round label is 2 inches and the rectangular one is 2.3 x 3.5 inches (6x9cm). I printed one sheet onto sticker paper and used the round sticker on the lid and the rectangular one on the jar itself. I then punched a 2 inch circle out of some kraft cardboard, punched a smaller hole for some twine and used that as the gift tag (which I tied around the top of the jar) - I drew a heart, 2 stems and the initial of the person I was giving the gift to on the one side of the tag and I wrote a personal message on the other side.
Now for the recipe which smells delicious!!
Vanilla Rose Body Scrub Recipe:
1kg of Epsom Salts
6 Tablespoons of Sweet Almond Oil
Seeds of 3 Vanilla Pods (don't discard the actual pods)
6 teaspoons of coconut oil
10 drops vanilla essential oil
6 drops cocoa essential oil (optional)
10 drops rose geraniun
- Place the Epsom Salts in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and seeds of 3 vanilla pods and mix well.
- Now add the essential oils to the sweet almond oil and then to the Epsom salt mixture and stir in well.
- Distribute the salts into the jars and place one empty vanilla pod into each jar...you can cut them in half and place them on top of the salts - it just adds a wonderful vanilla aroma to the salts upon opening! :)
- Lastly, stick the labels on and tie the gift tag on.